Saturday, May 7, 2011

Time Out

I'm working on a new portfolio piece. I had originally intended for this to be for Illustration Friday's theme of  "lesson", but that week got away from me. I still wanted to draw it, however, as I could stand to have more portfolio pieces in school settings.

Here's the pencil sketch (nice and smudgy):


And here's the composition after transfer to watercolor paper and inking:



OK, so essentially the same, minus the smears.

And here is the color study done in colored pencil on a photocopy of the ink drawing:


I'll make the shadows more subtle in the final, but I'm pretty happy with it overall.  Now, on to the watercolor. I have a bunch of writing to do today, but I hope to have the final image ready to post by the end of the day tomorrow. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Hello!

 Just checking in to say I am still alive but less active here, obviously.  You can find my more recent art posts on social media, especiall...