Sunday, April 15, 2012

Illustration Friday: Puzzled

When Adam's dad put the ten pound bunny in Adam's Easter basket, most of the family was puzzled about how they would dispose of that much chocolate.




Grandpa, however, had an idea . . .



For this week's Illustration Friday theme, I dug out these illustrations I did for a short story I wrote a few years ago (that didn't get accepted for publication -- boohoo).

I'm drawing more these days, but nothing I'm ready to post here.  Working more on character design for one of the novels I've written that I plan to submit, accompanied by illustrations, to agents.  As I work on giving each of a myriad of characters a unique spark of life, I'm struggling to develop a more distinctive visual "voice" for my work as a whole.  So lots and lots of sketching and erasing and wadding paper into balls and starting over again with the pencil and the eraser and on and on . . . you get the picture.  Progress is happening . . . just very slowly.  I want to have a couple of presentable character design sheets and at least three polished illustrations (one of which should probably be a cover sample) for the submission package.

6 comments:

  1. I really like the softness of your colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in the whole character and sketching proces! Like your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great characters! (And I'd be happy to relieve them of at least part of the bunny!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kind words, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have a good solid plan! Progress is progress! I predict you will get to where you want to be in short order! Please post more soon, and keep us posted!! Really nice bunny-story pics, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Elizabeth! I'm revising the words in my novel as I sketch the characters. I hope to get back to regular blog posts once this revision pass is finished.

    ReplyDelete

Hello!

 Just checking in to say I am still alive but less active here, obviously.  You can find my more recent art posts on social media, especiall...