Friday, October 21, 2011

Playing with pencil

So I've been attempting to enhance the cover image with colored pencils.  Hm.  I guess I'm done?


Here's the scan I made after I decided to stop fiddling around with it:


Interesting how different the colors look under the influence of the glaring light of the scanner.  I suppose I could tweak it some more with my new Photoshop CS 5 - after learning the software better.  I'll let the picture sit a spell while I take a shot at another mock cover, perhaps this time a retake of a published book.

But first, I'll take a crack at this week's Illustration Friday challenge ("fuel").  Once again I have an idea that will tie it in to my "treehouse" Sketchbook Project.  Look for the picture to appear on this blog sometime this weekend. I have an SCBWI conference to attend tomorrow, so you may not see it until Sunday night.

3 comments:

  1. So lovely to see the progress of your cover project. I like it a lot - I adore details like the card symbols on the window shutters.
    Dull images from the scanner... I get that too. Have been wondering whether it is the quality of the scanner. Making the room pitch black during scanning helps a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pia! I'll try scanning in the dark next time.

    Thanks, Kayleen!

    ReplyDelete

Hello!

 Just checking in to say I am still alive but less active here, obviously.  You can find my more recent art posts on social media, especiall...