Sunday, September 4, 2011

Better with Wash


I finally got bold enough to add a neutral gray wash to a few pen-and-inks I drew earlier this summer.  Being  essentially a coward, I had to try first with a picture I wasn't particularly attached to. This is a quick piece I did in response to an Illustration Friday challenge:



And here it is after I've enriched it with the wash:


I don't know about you, but I see a massive improvement. I clearly need to quit being so precious and trust my hand more.

I was so pleased with the outcome I went right on to add washes to the two bookshelf pictures. Posts with their before and after images to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!

 Just checking in to say I am still alive but less active here, obviously.  You can find my more recent art posts on social media, especiall...