Thursday, March 24, 2011

Another Helping Hand

Here's another attempt to revise my "helping hand" portfolio piece. You can click on the image to enlarge it.


The characters are more distinct. Good. There's more muscle tension in the boy and action and emotion in the girl. I like how that's turned out too. But as I look at it now, it seems that the girl is about to smash into the bank, which is too steep in this composition. Also with the apparent speed of her forward motion, it seems that she and the boy should not yet have such a firm grip on one another, but should be reaching toward one another, just about to connect. Sigh.

Now I need to decide whether to take another crack at this scene or move on to another. Or perhaps I could try this one from a different angle. Choices, choices...

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!

 Just checking in to say I am still alive but less active here, obviously.  You can find my more recent art posts on social media, especiall...