Monday, January 28, 2013

Illustration Friday: Wings


For this week's Illustration Friday challenge, and for our (fingers crossed) next Super Bowl champions, I give you Ravens in Flight.

I drew this with the real drippy pen brush in Painter. I love the real drippy pen!  It feels so natural.  It's much more responsive to pressure and stroke speed than the crowquil or bamboo pen brushes.  Expect to see more real drippy pen images here.

I added two layers of Painter's real watercolor.  I know I said I didn't think I'd use it again because it's painfully slow, but I could not resist.  I am a watercolorist at heart.  The second layer was a killer.  It took my poor little PC ages to process my brushstrokes.  I may have to plan compositions that require only one layer of real watercolor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!

 Just checking in to say I am still alive but less active here, obviously.  You can find my more recent art posts on social media, especiall...