Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sketchbook Project 2012

I just signed up for the Sketchbook Project 2012!  I know I had said in a previous post that I didn't have a terrific experience with the 2011 Sketchbook Project, but this next one should be better for a number of reasons.  For one thing, I've registered nine months before the book is due. Last year I had less than two months to fill the pages.  Another thing that should be better is the sketchbook itself.  The Project has a new, custom-designed book that they claim has better quality paper.  Thin pages was one of my biggest complaints.  Also, I have chosen my own theme from this year's list: "Treehouse"!


I'm gonna have fun with this one!

5 comments:

  1. This is awesome and totally fun! Love it. Good luck with the sketchbook project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Elizabeth! I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to live in this tree house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this one is GREAT! I have only discovered your blog today.

    My first time doing The sketchbook Project and I am not all that impressed with this year’s paper. It is limited to pencil as anything else bleeds through or wrinkles. We find a way though hey. They need watercolour paper in them.

    I have noticed many artists pulling their book apart and replace the paper. Doing this could give you a jump on next year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Kayleen! I'm actually finding this year's paper to be better than last year's. I've been using Copic Multiliner SP pens without any bleed through issues.

    ReplyDelete