Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The companion piece

I know the picture of Penny sitting in the tree needs something, I'm just not sure what. In order to better understand her character and the style I'm trying to find for this project, I decided to concentrate my attention on the closely related companion piece:


The scan is terrible (sorry, I don't want to cut the paper off the block until after I do the watercolor wash), but I like the way the inking has come together. (Click on it to see it larger.) It makes sense with the other one. The two depictions of Penny are clearly of the same girl and the style seems consistent. I think I'm ready to plan the color. I'll paint both pictures at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!

 Just checking in to say I am still alive but less active here, obviously.  You can find my more recent art posts on social media, especiall...